Skip the spring cleaning!September 12, 2018
Composting in your kitchenSeptember 25, 2018
Tips for comparing quotes
All our kitchens are custom made to your needs and specifications.
It is natural to obtain a couple of costings when you’re investing in a new kitchen. However, there are a few points to be aware of when comparing these costings.
You want to be sure that you’re comparing apples with apples and that you’re not going to be hit with any surprise costs and that you’re going to get the quality kitchen you would expect.
Here are some points to consider:
- What brand of hardware is included? We only quote the best in European hardware and use Blum & Hafele however can discuss options with you if requested.
- Is delivery & installation included?
- What type of board is being used? Laminate, MDF for painted finish, whiteboard, chipboard (we don’t use), high gloss etc
- Has an allowance for sink, tap, bin, cutlery tray etc been included?
- If having 2pac painted cabinets, what type of finish are you getting?
- What type of hinges & drawer runners are included?
- What handle allowance has been made? Is it enough for your preferred handle type?
- What type of benchtop is allowed for? There are many types to choose from – granite, stainless steel, acrylic, laminates.
- What thickness benchtop is allowed for?
- How many drawers & doors? Drawers add to the final cost however are much more user friendly than cupboards.
- Are accessories included? Ie pull out pantry, rubbish bins, lazy suzy
- Are there any special features you have requested? Ie waterfall ends, hidden drawers etc
- Is the kitchen manufacturer a member of any professional associations?
All of these components will alter the bottom line and also the overall look & feel of your kitchen.
We are more than happy to talk you through our costing & answer any questions. We can even help you with your comparisons if you wish.